Monday, March 16, 2009

Preparing for Eternity


Marvin and I thought we would start this blog together to keep everyone in the loop. So here is the loop : )
Marvin and I met on LDS Singles.com. I was preparing for a mission and all of a sudden I got a message from Marvin asking me if I was online for friends or a relationship. I told him I was only looking for friends to help support me. Next thing I know he is telling me that we are just looking for different things and he stops emailing me. That only lasted for about 15 min and then I get another email from him. We talked for a little bit and then I had to go to work. We decided that we would talk when I got home. All day all I could think of was Marvin and what he might be doing. That night when I got home I ran to my room to see if he was online. I tummy was full of butterfly's. We started talking around 10 and talk until 9:00 the next morning. After church we started talking again. Later that night he asked me if there was any way I would change my mind about a mission. I asked him why I would change my mind to stay home. He told me he wanted me to stay home with him. My heart was pounding but I told him that I would pray about going on a mission or beginning a relationship with him. So I said my prayers before I went to bed. By the next night I knew that my idea of serving a mission had changed to spending my life with Marvin. I know that it all happened so fast but we wouldn't trade it for anything!


On Feb 6Th Marvin took me to north mountain. We hiked, and hiked, and hiked. We finally made it to the top. You could see all of Phoenix. It was the coolest view I have ever seen. As we sat on the most uncomfortable rock ever Jeremy sat with a camera on us. I thought it was for us to make a fun movie of our day. Little did I know that Marvin was getting ready to propose. He tells me that he needs to tie his shoe. I didn't think anything of it and started watching a bug crawl on the rock. Marvin gets down on one knee and says " Sarah..... will you marry me?" I turned and said "HUH?!" He had to say it again. I didn't believe him I thought he was joking until I saw the ring. It was the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. We hiked down the mountain with permanent smiles on our faces. It was one of the happiest days of our lives! : )He has good Taste huh: )



2 comments:

  1. Since you're going to be living so far away, this will be a good way to keep in touch!
    You'll have to follow our blog too!
    http://diamondvilleclarksdennisroberta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You guys have a blog!! I was wondering if you guys would start one since Marvin has one. Loved to hear your story! Cute blog background!

    ReplyDelete