Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our 4th of July

Our 4th of July started with Marvin driving around the scouts to deliver our beautiful flags to all the people who signed up for them. They have a fund raiser for the scout program. You pay $20 for the whole year and the scouts will come by your house on the holiday's and put a flag up in your yard for the day. Then when the day is over they come by and pick it up. We decided to support the scout program since Marvin is a scout leader now.


Our plan was to go to the annual 4th of July breakfast with Mema and Papa. The time came and Marvin hadn't made it home yet. Right as I was getting ready to call he called me. While they were out putting one of the last flags up they hit a water line. Water was everywhere. Good thing Marvin know some good people to come and fix it. He stayed there with the plumber and helped him fix it while Marley and I went to breakfast. When we got done with our yummy breakfast we headed home. Marvin was all done fixing his water leak and he decided to go swimming. I didn't really feel like swimming because I had already taken my shower and was ready for the day. So him and Marley went out swimming.





We even got Brick to go swimming!





After swimming we decided to go for a little ride. I love looking at historical neighborhoods. They have some really neat houses. We drove through a couple of neighborhoods and then Marvin thought it would be fun to take Marley to Encanto Park to feed the ducks. It was so cute watching her get so excited when they would come and eat her little treats that she threw for them. 

Showing Daddy where the "Burrs" are.
She wasn't to sure about them at first but then she warmed up to them.




We called this little guy the ugly duckling. I love his little hair do.

All out of treats and saying good bye to the duckies

so sleepy!

We headed home after all the ducks were fed and Marley went down for a nap. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and spending time together. 

I am so thankful for all the people that fought and are currently fighting to keep our country safe so I can do the things that I want to the way that I want to. I love my family and the blessings they are in my life. Heavenly Father has blessed me Greatly!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your girl is getting so big! You guys are a cute little family! :)

    ReplyDelete