Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lois Skillin

On February 9th a beautiful spirit went back to live with our Heavenly Father. Lois Skillin was my grandmother and she was a great example to me. She found out when she was 16 years old that she had Multiple Sclerosis. That didn't stop her from living her life. The whole time I knew her she was in a wheel chair and couldn't walk. I never heard my grandma complain about anything. She was a very strong women and she always had a smile on her face. In January Lois started not feeling well. They did some test on her and found out that she had an aggressive cancer, and she only had a few months to live. We were able to go up for the funeral and it was a very beautiful service. She was no longer in pain. It was a bitter sweet good bye but I know that she is were she needs to be. I love to picture her running and playing with our children. She will be greatly missed but I know I will be able to see her again someday. We love you Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's tough. I loved Grandma Isom so much it was hard to lose her, but to know that she is now without disease, pain, etc. is a great blessing. Isn't the knowledge we've been given about life after this wonderful?

    ReplyDelete